Thijs Brilleman, Factorion
Jon has a way of thinking that’s different.
We’re techies. Not marketing, not sales, or anything like that. Jon opened up a new way of thinking and looking at our business.
Ultimately, before we worked with Jon, we didn’t know who we wanted to be as a company, or what sort of work we wanted to do. We were hired guns. Now, we know exactly who we are and who we want to work with. That’s all thanks to Jon.
I can help you:
Communicate your value with clarity and confidence
Use your website, social media, and other brand touchpoints more effectively
Attract clients and projects you’re actually eager to take on (and filter out the bad ones)
Command higher fees and stop competing on price
5. Make more money
The bottom line is the bottom line. I will help you sharpen your business — both the internal workings of it and the external image — so that you can make more money.
Brand Strategy Workshop
Overhaul + strengthen your brand and messaging in 11 hours
Stop second guessing yourself — get clarity.
I’ve got a very clearly defined process that I take you through in order to help you reach clarity around your brand. The process consists of three workshops and three presentations carried out over the course of two weeks. Your total time investment is 11 hours.
The process is not rocket science, and it’s not magic. There are two reasons it works so well:
- The workshop exercises are designed to break down big decisions into bite-size chunks, eliminating overwhelm on your end and extracting clear answers
- I am a skilled facilitator and know what follow-up questions to ask, when to push back on half-baked or potentially ill-considered ideas. I actively contribute ideas and steer you in the right direction
Ryan Glover, Clever Beagle
Jon’s process is magic. What we did together was super helpful and is likely going to save my business (and my sanity).
I had all these ideas about what my brand should be and how I want to run my business. They just weren’t very clearly formed, and I didn’t have a good framework or structure to get them out.
Jon helped me extract the stuff in my mind in a way that made it meaningful and useful to me.
Week 1 of Brand Strategy
Client Profiles Workshop
- Who is your tribe? Who do you aim to serve?
- Detailed and action-oriented client profiles based on your primary and secondary target customers
- Define value propositions for each client profile
- Uncover unmet needs & wants
- Packaged into printable PDF booklet
Brand Attributes Workshop
- We define what qualities you want your brand to be associated with
- Desired look and feel as well as voice and tone
- Get to the heart of why you’re in business in the first place — we will use this to make customers care
- Packaged into printable PDF booklet
Week 2 of Brand Strategy
Competitive Analysis Presentation
- Overview of your competitive landscape, prepared specially for you
- Deep dives into specific competitors, evaluating their brand positioning, messaging, visual presentation and marketing strategy
- Actionable recommendations based on findings
- Packaged into PDF booklet
Brand Brief Presentation
- Your brand, distilled into a one-page poster
- Used as a jumping-off point for outward-facing brand messaging (the words that get people to choose you!)
- Prevent overwhelm when thinking about your brand
- Packaged into printable poster format
Proposal & Debrief
OK — and then what?
You’ll notice I haven’t mentioned anything about logo re-designs, business re-naming, visual identity systems or websites yet.
If you work with any other branding studio or consultant, they will lead with those things. Not me.
I’m not interested in selling you things you don’t need just because it will make me more money. (The reason I started my own business was to do meaningful work, not bleed clients dry.)
Instead, after our Brand Strategy engagement is complete, I will sit down, look at your goals, and make thoughtful suggestions about how we can keep working together to build your brand.
If my suggestions make sense to you, we keep working together. If they don’t, we go our separate ways and you implement your new brand strategy on your own or with someone else.
But just in case you’re curious… The following things are safely within my wheelhouse:
- Brand naming/renaming
- Brand messaging
- Logo design and visual identity systems
- Stationery, business cards, other print materials
Let’s talk one-on-one.
During our 30-minute intro call, we’ll discuss your business: Where it’s at, what your goals are, and what’s standing in the way of you reaching them.
You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about me and my process.
Then, we’ll decide if we want to work together. Oh — and if we don’t seem like a good fit (“good fit” = I can help you make more money), I’ll simply tell you.